A public dumping ground for words and pictures. Contact me at ThomasTamblyn@Gmail.com

Sunday 21 December 2008

Crabhammer colour test


A quick experiment with block fills and a little paintbrushing. I'm not sure what I want to be doing with these little vector guys in terms of colour.

Just block fills would be pretty easy, but also boring and would limit my ability to use large blank areas. Gradiants would be easy to do, easier to do badly and would look awful on "curved" surfaces like the shell here.

At the moment I'm leaning towards defined areas of colour, possibly with some kind of "texture" of application. This style/texture could be universal for unity of style, or vary to add an extra level of detail.

Undecided. Experiments must be performed!

Oh, and I realise that this particular test subject's lineart is pretty crappy. That's cool. He's pretty much an alpha at the moment - I just happened to be working on him when I decded to have another bash at adding colour. In fact I've drafted the "real" finished version, which I'll probably try to colour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment